The Business Development Director will develop and maintain favorable relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue and ensure that Locus Bio-Energy services consistently meet client needs. This role is responsible for providing sales proposals and developing new client contracts throughout the Permian Basin, Central United States and Gulf Coast.
The Business Development Director will report directly to the CEO of Locus Bio-Energy.
Midland/Odessa Area, Texas
Business Development Director Responsibilities:
- Develop an overall Permian Basin Target Account Plan that maximizes opportunities and generates sales activity with customers
- Develop relationships with new clients, resulting in new client contracts
- Establish and expand relationships with key local executives and decision makers within each customer
- Understand local market conditions, existing and target customers’ business objectives and challenges, and focus Locus Bio-Energy’s product offerings to meet these needs
- Grow and maintain existing customer relationships through proactive sales activity
- Accountable for the full business development cycle from opportunity assessment, selection field evaluations through proposal preparation, tender and close
- Manage proposal creation, contract negotiation and day-to-day customer requests
- Maintain a continuous information and learning flow with Locus Bio-Energy R&D facility in Houston and the Chief Scientists based in Solon, Ohio
- Interface with customers to obtain insight into their technical needs and to identify opportunities to collaborate with them on new projects
- Track all sales leads and sales process status through the company’s ERP/CRM systems
Business Development Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 10 years in the Oil and Gas upstream business—ideally with specific experience in the Permian Basin.
- Entrepreneurial DNA is required, specifically the ability to understand and apply novel chemical solutions to oil industry problems.
- Credibility within the Permian Basin market area
- Set strategic priorities that translate into functional plans
- Comfortable and proficient at executive customer level interaction and communication
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Creative problem solver, and self-sufficient worker
- Technical, financial and commercial acumen