Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System to applicable standards (ISO-9001, ISO/IATF 16949, ISO 14001, etc.), to customer requirements, and to internal standards. Responsible for assuring consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing effective work systems, validating processes, and providing clear documentation
Director of Product Manufacturing
Essential Responsibilities and Functions
- Understand the requirements of international standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, and communicate them within the company.
- Lead the implementation of practices and procedures to insure that the company obtains accreditation to and remains in compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001at all manufacturing facilities in the USA.
- Behave in a safe and professional manner at all times. Maintain a cooperative attitude toward other employees and keep a mind-set that always considers the best long-term interests of the company.
- Be the “face” of all Quality issues to Business Leadership and act as an internal resource to other departments by providing technical expertise on quality, statistical, and other related subjects including: quality standards and structured problem solving
- Interact with customers to insure that customer requirements are understood and are met, and to resolve any customer complaints
- Interact with other company departments to insure compliance of product with customer requirements, and to provide expertise, as needed, to help resolve production quality issues.
- Act as leader or facilitator for improvement or problem-solving teams
- Set up and use the company records system to research lot traceability information and to effectively track or quarantine raw materials or finished products when necessary.
- Work with suppliers, vendors and service providers to insure that the company quality requirements are met.
- Conduct internal QMS/EMS audits, internal product audits, and supplier audits. Report audit results and follow up on any corrective actions. Interact with outside auditors during 3rd party and customer audits.
- Use customer and 3rd party computer systems and web sites to insure the effective transfer of quality-related information between the company and its customers and suppliers.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- 4-year technical degree
- Proven record of implementing and maintaining ISO 9001 and ISO 14001at one or more chemical manufacturing plants.
- ASQ , 6-Sigma or Lean certification
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Experience developing work instructions / standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Experience dealing with customer complaints and demanding customer representatives
- Experience dealing with supplier issues
- Able to routinely interact, in a professional manner, with other company departments
- Proficient in MS-Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)