Locus Bio-Energy Solutions LLC (Locus Bio-Energy) is a science-based innovation company that has developed an industry-first line of microbial biochemical solutions that are safer and more effective alternatives to currently used Production & Drilling oilfield chemicals.
The company is seeking a Senior Chemist to lead Production Chemistry research projects from our headquarters in Solon, OH.
Senior Chemist Responsibilities:
- Design and carry-out chemical modification reactions on sugars, alcohols, polymers and alkanes
- Lab and bench scale work based around method development with defined target molecules
- Bio-molecular modification to support new oil formulas
- Isolation and verification of different compounds using various chromatography techniques (HPLC, LC, Column, Flash, GC, Gel, TLC) and MS and/or FTIR to verify molecule structure supporting discovery projects
Senior Chemist Requirements:
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related scientific field
- Strong organic chemistry background required
- High level of experience with chromatography and mass spectroscopy techniques
- Experience in bio-based surfactant chemistry, lipid chemistry, or carbohydrate chemistry preferred
- Ability to work independently and as member of a group