The Woodlands, TX
The Technology Director will be responsible for providing Locus Bio-Energy Solutions with state-of-art product development and application capabilities. This includes developing and optimizing the next generation of bio-surfactants to meet customer requirements (EOR, fracking, drilling, production and completion, etc.) in coordination with our R&D main laboratory based in Solon Ohio. The Technology Director will report directly to the CEO Locus Bio-Energy Solutions LLC. Technology Director Job
- Incorporate industry leading operating procedures in all processes while maintaining a safe work environment in the lab.
- Lead all activities of the laboratory in liaison with the key internal stakeholders (R&D, Sales, Business Development) from concept to lab and field validation and product commercialization through a stage gated process.
- Product selection
- QC/QA testing on products
- Continuous product improvement based on customer and internal feedback
- Developing new oil & gas applications for Locus’ unique biosurfactant product range
- Develop a team of lab chemists while implementing a culture of safety and laboratory best practices to meet oil & gas industry requirements.
- Support Business Development and growth by building relationships with the R&D corporate centers of major E&P and services companies.
- Maintain a continuous information and learning flow with the corporate R&D organization.
- Communicate the performance of Locus Bio-Energy chemistries via Industry recognized Publications and Technical Presentations internally and with customers externally.
- Interface with customers to obtain insight into their technical needs and to identify opportunities to collaborate with them on new projects.
- In conjunction with Locus’ R&D main laboratory based in Solon Ohio, define the intellectual property strategy associated with new technology development and ensure that new product and technology developments are unique in nature and patentable.
- Lead the preparation of Oil & Gas related patent applications.
Technology Director Job Requirements:
- A Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or similar
- 10+ years of successful and progressive experience in working in, operating, and supervising an application and R&D labEntrepreneurial DNA, specifically the ability to understand and apply novel chemical solutions to oil industry problems, is required
- Demonstrated experience in up-stream petroleum industry is required.
- Strong leadership skills with an orientation to team development and customer focus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Experience in dealing with senior level management.
- Adaptable and flexible in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.