Locus Bio-Energy Solutions LLC (Locus Bio-Energy) is a science-based innovation company that has developed an industry-first line of non-bacterial biochemical solutions that are safer and more effective alternatives to currently used Production & Drilling oilfield chemicals.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to lead sales and develop technical, oilfield chemical based business opportunities in the Northeast. The Business Development Manager will develop and maintain favorable relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue and ensure that Locus Bio-Energy services consistently meets client needs. This role is responsible for providing sales proposals and developing new client contracts throughout the Northeast. Additionally, the role will include technical and business support for operations in our existing operating areas and new expansion areas.
Frequent travel will be required to customer locations and between existing offices in Ohio (Cambridge, Worthington, and Solon) and Texas (Midland and Houston).
- Develop an overall Northeast target account plan that maximizes opportunities and generates sales activity with customers.
- Develop relationships with new clients, resulting in new client contracts.
- Establish and expand relationships with key local executives and decision makers within each customer.
- Understand local market conditions, existing and target customer’s business objectives and challenges and focus Locus’s product offerings to meet customer’s needs.
- Grow and maintain existing customer relationships through proactive sales activity.
- Accountable for the full business development cycle from opportunity assessment, select field evaluations through proposal preparation, tender and close.
- Manage proposal creation, contract negotiation, and day-to-day customer requests.
- Interface with customers to obtain insight into their technical needs and to identify opportunities to collaborate with them on new projects.
- Communicate customer support needs with technical staff to develop solutions.
Qualified candidates will bring a minimum of 8-10 years in the oil and gas drilling and production business. Ideally with specific experience in the Northeast and experience with both conventional and unconventional operators. Candidates will exhibit high entrepreneurial spirit and focus, specifically the ability to understand and apply novel chemical solutions to oil industry problems, is required. Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering, Geology, Chemistry or other related technical field.
- Experience with oilfield production chemistry.
- Sales and/or service company experience with E&P operators desired.
- Credibility within the Northeast market area.
- Set strategic priorities that translate into functional sales growth plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and proficient at executive customer level interaction and communication.
- Strong time management skills, creative problem solver, and self-sufficient worker.
- Possess technical, financial. and commercial acumen.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Annual allowance of Floating Holidays
- Tuition Assistance and Continuing Education Reimbursement Policy
- Company vehicle for travel
For more information on our Company, visit our website at www.locusbioenergy.com !
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume directly to Lauren Hutton at firstname.lastname@example.org