This is an entry level Fermentation Technician position that will be working on a team that is responsible for the production operation for our unique fermentation technology. The ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined or have some experience operating equipment in a lab or manufacturing setting. This is an active environment so a willingness to be on your feet all day is required. Come with a desire to learn – we will train you on the rest!
- Prepare reactors for fermentation including the loading raw materials, setting parameters, testing equipment functionality, and inoculation of culture.
- Operate PLC to gather data and set temperature, pH, and other parameters.
- Prepare scheduled samples for testing and analysis by quality control.
- Clean and sterilize equipment, reactors, and all parts utilized in production.
- Maintain warehouse area and ensure high level of cleanliness and organization of materials.
- Perform routine maintenance on reactors, tanks, pumps, and other production equipment.
- Wear required PPE while carrying out position responsibilities.
- Follow SOP’s and protocols to maintain product quality based on ISO standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s or equivalent experience in a science field (microbiology/microbes)
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance preferred.
- Ability to follow standard procedures required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs individually.
- Plus: knowledge of ISO standards, lean manufacturing/5S principles
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverages for you and your family
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Life coverage
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
About Locus Bio-Energy Solutions®
Locus Bio-Energy Solutions® (Locus BE) is an oil innovation company committed to offering the best in high-level, science-driven and sustainable solutions to the oil and gas industry. Utilizing the scientific capabilities of our accelerator company, Locus Fermentation Solutions, Locus Bio-Energy Solutions turns novel, highly-potent biosurfactants into safe, customized treatments for upstream oil and gas applications. Our non-living and environmentally friendly biosurfactants address a wide variety of the industry’s most pressing challenges, including improving well reliability and boosting long-term production while reducing risks, environmental impact and costs. The biosurfactant treatments are made from 100% renewable resources and have been proven to replace and outperform synthetic chemicals at a fraction of the dosage rates and cost, with a 2-3x ROI. For more information, visit LocusBioEnergy.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO HUMAN RESOURCES AT LKOZAR@LOCUSFS.COM TO APPLY!