Locus Bio-Energy Solutions™, LLC is seeking an ambitious Laboratory Technician to be responsible for various microbiological laboratory procedures within our production department. The right candidate will have experience working in a microbiology laboratory setting and a familiarity with microbiology techniques including streaking, plating, CFU counts, cell identification, and media preparation. This is a great opportunity for an individual with an interest in microbial-based production or biotechnology.
- Cleans and assembles reactors before use in production.
- Prepares and mixes microbial media.
- Utilizes the autoclave to sterilize media before inoculation.
- Inoculates media in small-scale reactors using biological safety hood.
- Monitors growth in small-scale reactors and takes samples from bottles.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in production microbiology lab.
- Assists in other areas or departments including production or quality control, as needed.
- Maintains and cleans equipment in the laboratory.
- Maintains well documented records in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Understands and adheres to standard laboratory safety guidelines (PPE, cleanliness of lab and equipment, etc.).
Qualifications / Requirements
- B.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related scientific field required.
- Experience working in a laboratory required. Experience working in a microbiology laboratory setting (industrial or educational) preferred.
- Knowledge of microbiology techniques including streaking, plating, CFU counts, cell identification, and media preparation preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and work weekends on occasion required.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
For more information on our Company, visit our websites at www.locusbioenergy.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.