The Woodlands, TX
Locus Bio-Energy Solutions LLC (Locus Bio-Energy) is a science-based innovation company that has developed an industry-first line of non-bacterial biochemical solutions that are safer and more effective alternatives to currently used Production & Drilling oilfield chemicals. The company is seeking a bright, positive, and dependable Oilfield Application Chemist to join our team. You enjoy juggling diverse responsibilities, taking initiative on new projects and working as a team player. For the right candidate, this role will provide an exciting opportunity to develop and progress within a dynamic and fast-growing company.
Perform advanced specialized laboratory examinations, analyses, evaluations, studies and/or investigations to gather technical data related to the development and optimization of biosurfactants and biomaterials to meet customer needs in drilling and completion, stimulation, production and EOR applications. With minimal supervision, perform analyses and experiments with established procedures and convey the results to local and head office technical staff in tabulations, graphs, and simple reports. In addition, perform specialized laboratory functions to generate precise data, results and preliminary analyses.
The position will report to the Director of Technology, Locus Bio Energy Solutions
- Conduct flow assurance testing including asphaltenes, gas hydrates, waxes, paraffins and inhibitors
- Perform highly complex analytical tasks requiring many steps, through planning and/or use of advanced and sophisticated equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare comprehensive reports for discussion with the Director of Technology and utilize computers frequently, to assist in data manipulation
- Write and maintain SOPs (standard operating procedures) for the lab equipment
- Incorporate safe work procedures in all processes while maintaining a safe work environment in the lab.
- Support activities in the laboratory in liaison with the key internal stakeholders (R&D, Sales, Business Development) to progress projects from concept to lab and field validation and product commercialization through a stage gated process.
- Product selection
- QC/QA testing on products
- Continuous product improvement based on customer and internal feedback
- Develop new oil & gas applications for Locus’ unique biosurfactant product range
- Responsible for maintenance and calibration of lab equipment
Qualified candidates will be enthusiastic and positive team players with a strong desire to develop their skills both personally and professionally and advance their careers. A self-starter with the ability to take initiative and prioritize multiple tasks, the successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or related field, or applicable experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with production chemicals in areas specific to flow assurance chemical programs, preferred.
- Experience in other areas such as drilling fluids and stimulation is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume directly to Lauren Hutton at firstname.lastname@example.org