Locus Bio-Energy Solutions™, LLC is an Ohio-based company with patent-pending, non-bacterial biochemical solutions for oil applications. The company has developed cost-competitive, environmentally friendly products that are safer and more effective alternatives to currently used Production & Drilling oilfield chemicals. The treatments are 100% biodegradable, non-toxic, cost competitive and increase production in most oil wells — meaning they pay for themselves. Locus offers highly-effective products that minimize safety concerns while maximizing well performance.
The Production Manager leads all activities associated with the manufacturing/production department for the facility. He or she is responsible for people and team development, motivating the team and ensuring consistent quality performance. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement of processes and safety. The Production Manager will coordinate daily production schedules and ensure that product quality and inventory levels are managed properly.
The Production Manager is a hands-on manager that will be responsible for identifying process abnormalities or inefficiencies then addressing those problems by determining and implementing appropriate changes. This position will report directly to the CEO of Locus Bio-Energy Solutions.
The Production Manager will be responsible to:
- Ensure team compliance with all safety and plant hygiene policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP); validate processes; provide documentation and manage staff throughout the production plant.
- Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Build people capability through effective employee hiring, training, communication and implement a culture that values performance, delivery, communication and teamwork.
- Direct the overall activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped at the lowest possible cost to meet the customers’ requirements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
- Partner with R&D/Quality Assurance to track operational output measures (i.e. efficiency, yield loss, product quality, inventory accuracy etc.) anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets.
- Ensure cost performance gaps are identified, action plans are developed and resources are properly allocated to close gaps in a timely manner.
- Partner with purchasing dept and use production planning and scheduling software to ensure raw material inventories and supply chain costs are optimized.
- Ensure production machinery complies with professional and safety standards.
- Schedule maintenance and repair of machines used in production process to minimize downtime and delays.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a production facility utilizing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) required. Expereince in a food manufacturing or fermentation plant preferred.
- Experience of using Statistical process control (SPC) techniques to control production methods.
- Associates degree in related field required; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Background in life sciences or biotechnology preferred.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Sound judgment with the ability to make timely, and sometimes difficult, decisions.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems (NetSuite preferred).
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Short Term Disabilty Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Days
- Tuition Assistance
For more information on our Company, visit our website at www.locusbioenergy.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.