The QC Lab Technician will be responsible to set up, operate, and maintain sophisticated laboratory instruments and equipment. You’ll conduct experiments under the guidance of senior scientists and have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our unique technologies.
If this is exciting to you, check out the role in more detail below along with the benefits package that this position is eligible for. Apply today!
- Competitive Salary
- Company pays majority of Medical, Dental, Vision coverages
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Life coverage
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
- Test and analyze samples to accurately measure critical parameters including purity, Observable Density, pH, surface tension, and Colony Forming Units.
- Set up, conduct, and monitor experiments according to defined instructions. Make observations and calculate and record results for accurate interpretation.
- Utilize basic microbiology techniques including aseptic technique, medium preparation, agar plate preparation, serial dilution plating, streaking, cell culture revival and maintenance, gram stain, microscopic observation, autoclaving, centrifugation, and filtration etc.
- Utilize sensitive lab and fermentation equipment to conduct experiments.
- Organize and store all chemical substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Record and maintain all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and interpretability.
- Clean, maintain and calibrate lab equipment, wash glassware and lab supplies.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always strictly followed and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- S. in Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, or related field desired.
- 3+ years relevant lab experience with considered in lieu of degree
- Experience in a microbiology laboratory role preferred.
- Fermentation experience preferred.
For more information on our Company, visit our website at http://locusbioenergy.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO HUMAN RESOURCES AT MNOVAK@LOCUSFS.COM TO APPLY!