Locus Bio-Energy Solutions™, is seeking a Quality Control Technician to assist with quality control testing and reporting of fermentation production operations at our plant in Solon, Ohio. Our company uses microbial technologies to enhance oil recovery, increase oil well production, and improve flow in oil wells. The right candidate will have at least some experience in an operator type role.
- Conduct quality control testing on production fermentation materials.
- Conduct analyses of raw material, in-process and finished product samples using GC, HPLC, and LC/MS instrumentation.
- Utilize aseptic techniques at all times when handling cultures.
- Communicate directly with the Quality Control Manager to report quality abnormalities, concerns, questions, and recommendations.
- Actively participate in production meetings by voicing concerns, recommendations for process improvements and providing quality updates.
- Maintain accurate quality records and other documentation as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory working environment including organization of materials.
- Utilize good laboratory practices and perform lab procedures in accordance with the SOPs.
- Wear required PPE while carrying out position responsibilities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biology.
- Experience in a laboratory setting required, GLP preferred.
- Familiarity with instrumental, wet chemical, and microbiology techniques preferred.
- Must be willing to work weekends and have flexibility in schedule.
Company offered benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Company pays majority of Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 10 Vacation Days
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 4 Floating Holidays
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
For more information on our Company, visit our website at locusbioenergy.com!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.