Locus Bio-Energy Solutions™, LLC is an Ohio-based company with patent-pending, non-bacterial biochemical solutions for oil applications. The company has developed cost-competitive, environmentally friendly products that are safer and more effective alternatives to currently used Production & Drilling oilfield chemicals. The treatments are 100% biodegradable, non-toxic, cost competitive and increase production in most oil wells. Locus offers highly-effective products that minimize safety concerns while maximizing well performance.
The full time Research Assistant will support various R&D projects and quality processes from our production facility and laboratory in Midland, TX. The right candidate will have a B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a petroleum laboratory setting. This position will report to the Laboratory Manager.
- Prepares samples for qualitative and quantitative analysis of biobased materials.
- Conducts experiments and analysis using appropriate research and laboratory equipment, including NMR, FTIR, and GC-MS.
- Performs tasks related to HPLC, GC (SIMDIS), spectroscopy, microscopy, various microbiological techniques, surface tension measurements, and emulsion tendency testing.
- Adheres to all federal, state and internal guidelines for proper shipment of hazardous material.
- Participates as a research team member in development or research projects.
- Records results from tests and experiments according to laboratory procedure and reports unusual or unexpected results to senior chemist.
- Performs routine testing and laboratory instrument maintenance. Makes recommendation to replaces equipment components that are worn or damaged.
- Maintains and cleans testing equipment in the laboratory.
- Drafts and maintains well documented records for QA/QC and various R&D processes in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Understands and adheres to standard laboratory safety guidelines (PPE, cleanliness of lab and equipment, etc.)
- Assists the senior chemist in all aspects related to R&D objectives.
Qualifications / Requirements
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific field required.
- 2+ years’ experience in a petroleum laboratory setting preferred; entry level with internship experience acceptable.
- Experience with biosurfactants basic testing (surface tension, viscosity) preferred.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
For more information on our Company, visit our websites at www.locusbioenergy.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.