Locus Bio-Energy Solutions™, LLC is an Ohio-based company with patent-pending, non-bacterial biochemical solutions for oil applications. The company has developed cost-competitive, environmentally friendly products that are safer and more effective alternatives to currently used Production & Drilling oilfield chemicals. The treatments are 100% biodegradable, non-toxic, cost competitive and increase production in most oil wells — meaning they pay for themselves. Locus offers highly-effective products that minimize safety concerns while maximizing well performance.
The Senior Quality Control Chemist position will manage a QA/QC laboratory responsible for testing and making calculated decisions on the acceptability of process validation samples, raw materials, finished products, stability samples, and developmental samples in a regulated laboratory environment in support of timely disposition of manufactured products.
The Senior Quality Control Chemist is a hands-on manager that will perform laboratory QA / QC testing, oversee laboratory technicians, be responsible for on-boarding and training of new personnel, complete and maintain QA/QC procedures, equipment calibrations, proficiency sampling, and annual inspections. In addition, the Senior Quality Control Chemist must be able to maintain documentation, certifications, testing procedures, and supplies in an orderly manner that meets and maintains Locus requirements. This position will report directly to Locus Bio-Energy Solutions Director of Technology.
The Senior Quality Control Chemist will be responsible to perform, direct/guide, and train others in the following:
- HPLC, GC, GC/MS, FT-IR, NMR and wet chemistry tests
- Follow GMP guidelines and GLP best practices
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Evaluate data and solve QC related problems
- Perform method development, validation, troubleshooting
- Perform equipment qualifications
- Author new documents such as testing methods, protocols, summary reports
- Perform QC-related investigations (OOS and CAPA) when applicable
- Provide performance-review input on lab staff to Director of Technology.
- Laboratory scheduling and coordinating assistance when requested
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and 10+ years of analytical laboratory experience or Masters or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry and 5+ years analytical laboratory experience.
- GC, HPLC, GC/MS and NMR experience required; GMP-QC experience preferred.
- Experience running a QA/QC laboratory and team of QA/QC Chemists.
- Demonstrated ability to follow documented standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrated ability/experience to develop and troubleshoot analytical methods.
- Demonstrated ability/experience of performing analytical investigations and implementing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability/experience in preparing written reports.
- Must be able to multi-task and plan efficiently in a coordinated technical environment.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with testing in a GMP or ISO environment is required.
- Experience of working within a Six Sigma program and knowledge of Process Capability Index (Cpk) statistical tools preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and individual contributor
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Days
- Tuition Assistance
For more information on our Company, visit our website at www.locusbioenergy.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.