Locus Bio-Energy Solutions develops nature-derived and tailored biosurfactants, previously not available at scale in the oil & gas industry, and transforms them into cost-effective treatments optimized by application.
Next-Generation Biosurfactant Technology
Supplementing Oilfield Chemicals. Solving Top Oil & Gas Challenges.
What Are Biosurfactants?
Oilfield chemical surfactants are used to enhance oil production. Biosurfactants are a class of natural, biosurfactants that are comprised of highly complex molecules with unmatched multifunctionality and sustainability. Despite 20+ years of extensive research and promising potential, biosurfactant adoption in the oilfield has been limited by prohibitive production costs and scalability until now…
Conventional oilfield chemical treatments are costly, can cause additional well damage and the efficacy has been marginal at best. ESG-friendly biosurfactants are made from renewable raw materials with a carbon-neutral footprint and industry-low OPEX.
- Deeper Reservoir Penetration
- Extended Treatment Longevity
- Faster and Lower Surface Tension Reduction
- Better Stability
Reach and mobilize more oil by penetrating into the tightest reservoir nanopores that other oilfield chemical treatments cannot reach
Better reservoir adsorption retention and slower desorption provides long-lasting results with a single treatment
Lower surface tension compared to conventional oilfield chemical surfactants, resulting in higher efficacy at lower dosage rates
Proven performance in the toughest U.S. basins, with high temperature and high TDS stability
How It Works
Image Caption: Locus Bio-Energy Biosurfactants (pictured on left petal) penetrates deeply into any surface, while Competitor Surfactants (pictured on right petal) does not absorb.
Custom Designed Treatments
Standalone or Additive
- Our biosurfactants can be developed for any application—from additives to boost performance and improve sustainability or stand-alone treatments with multiple mechanisms of action.
- From CMC to surface tension to non-emulsification capabilities—we tailor our biosurfactants based on properties.
- Our biosurfactant treatments are offered at a variety of pricing levels—from basic to premium—to meet each operators’ economics.
Locus BE’s sustainable biosurfactants have field-proven across top U.S. basins to boost oil production while minimizing safety and environmental concerns associated with oilfield chemicals.